When I was growing up, our family always eagerly awaited strawberry season because that meant we’d have lots of strawberry shortcake…. and this delicious strawberry pie! We all thought Mom made the best strawberry pie and the sight of it on the dinner table always created excitement! I know there are lots of strawberry pie recipes that are more elaborate- you know, with cream cheese and the like- , but I still think my Mom’s classic recipe is the best. It’s just one of those times when simpler truly is better!
And you can’t beat how easy it is to make! It seriously is pretty much fool-proof. So if you aren’t a cook or if making pies intimidates you, this is the prefect recipe to make and boost your confidence!
Fresh Strawberry Pie
- ¾ c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1½ c. water
- 1 small box (3 oz.) strawberry jello
- 3 c. sliced fresh strawberries
- Cool Whip or real whipped cream
- 10″ pie crust, baked (use my Easy Homemade Pie Crust for an extra special treat!)
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and water; cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring often. (I like to use a whisk for this.)
- Remove from heat and add jello; stir until dissolved.
- Allow to cool slightly, then gently mix in strawberries. (If you are in a hurry, you can skip this step- the berries just stay nicer if it’s cooled.)
- Pour into baked pie crust and refrigerate.
- Once filling is set, top with Cool Whip or real whipped cream.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES