This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Shady Brook Farms. All opinions are my own.
My son dashed in the door, throwing his backpack to the floor. Before I could say even utter a welcome, he breathlessly declared, “Something smells really good, mom! What are you making?!”
Ah, my little 7 yr. old foodie. The one who immediately notices when something is different about a dish that I normally make. The guy who can eat just about anything, but has developed strong opinions about what he thinks is good and what he thinks is sub-par. The one who is my biggest critic when it comes to new recipes.
I grinned at his exuberance and explained that I was experimenting with a new sausage and veggie recipe. “I hope you like the taste of it as much as you liked the smell,” I joked. And come dinner time, I was gratified to see him eat two gigantic portions. But not only that, he also made a point to make sure that I knew he thought it was “very good”!
Like everyone else, there are lots of things that are calling for my attention. And while I enjoy making my family good, healthy meals, I prefer if it doesn’t have to take up a lot of my time- at least most days. So recipes like this are a big winner to me. Not only is this One Pan Balsamic Sausage and Veggies healthy and delicious, it is also easy to throw together and makes preparing dinner a cinch! And to top it off, it’s budget friendly too!
I love using Shady Brook Farms Sweet Italian Lean Turkey Sausage for this recipe. We often think of chicken as a go-to source for lean protein, but turkey actually has more protein, fewer calories and less total fat and cholesterol. And the flavor of the Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage is absolutely amazing! It pairs perfectly with the veggies and balsamic vinegar.
ONE PAN BALSAMIC SAUSAGE & VEGGIES
- 4 Potatoes, chunked (and peeled if prefered)
- 1 Sweet Potato, peeled and chunked
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut bite-sized*
- 1 onion, chunked
- ¾ c. chicken broth (I love using homemade broth!)
- 3 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Shady Brook Farms Sweet Italian Lean Turkey Sausage (6 links)
1. Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish and place potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and onions in it.
2. Combine chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, oil, Italian seasonings, black pepper and garlic. Drizzle over veggies and stir lightly.
3. Cut turkey sausage links in half and arrange over top of veggies.
4. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove from oven; stir veggies and turn sausages.
5. Bake an additional 30 minutes or until veggies are done.**
* The carrots seem to take the longest to get done, which is why I recommend doing small, bite-sized pieces.
** Always cook turkey to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
There are affiliate links in this post – please read my full disclosure policy.